This recipe for honey mango bread makes a small, round loaf of bread. Filled with chopped, dried mango and sweetened with honey, this is a great breakfast bread that can be served warm with butter or it can be served toasted. Great for snacking, too!
Yield: 1 pound round loaf.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 55 minutes
- 3/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped dried mango
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups bread flour, about
- In medium bowl, mix milk and yeast. Add butter, honey, salt, mango, and cinnamon. Stir. Add 1 cup of flour and mix well. Slowly add in remaining flour, enough flour to make a dough that follows the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 4 minutes, adding more flour as needed until the dough is soft and smooth to the touch. Place dough in medium greased bowl. Turn dough over in bowl so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 1 hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and knead for 4 minutes or until the bubbles are out of the bread. Shape dough into small round loaf. Place on greased baking sheet or small pizza pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake loaf at 350 degrees F for 35 to 40 minutes or until the bread is golden brown. Remove loaf from sheet and let cool on rack.
Bread Baking Tips:
- You can replace the chopped dried mango for 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, raisins, or chopped dried apples.
- You can use any type of milk in this recipe: whole milk, skim, low fat, etc. Milk can also be replaced with water and nonfat dry milk.
- Milk can be replaced with soy milk.
- When honey is added to bread dough, it helps protect the baked bread's moisture.