Cheddar cheese and fresh chives go together perfectly in this recipe for cheddar chive quick bread. The bread is baked in a round cake pan and served in wedges - perfect for a family dinner or small outdoor cookout.Yield: 8 wedges
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1 tsp mustard powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-1/4 cup grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup milk, room temperature
- Grease 9-inch round cake pan. Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix together flour, mustard powder, and salt. Mix in 1 cup of grated cheese and the chives. Add melted butter, egg, and milk. Mix thoroughly.
- Pat dough into prepared cake pan. Sprinkle top with 1/4 cup grated cheese. Bake at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until done. Let bread sit in cake pan for 10 minutes before removing. Cut bread into wedges and serve warm with butter.