No matter the weather, coffee time is a year round enjoyment that should be celebrated with a lovely sweet bread. Apricot pecan coffee bread is a very easy, no knead, dessert bread that even the beginner can make. The round loaf is beautiful and is great to serve when company is visiting.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/4 tsp or 1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- In large bowl, add warm water, sugar, butter, and salt. Stir until blended. Add evaporated milk, eggs, and yeast. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Add apricots and pecans. Mix in sifted flour, 1 cup at a time. Cover bowl and let rise for 1 hour.
- Grease 10-inch tube pan. Uncover bread batter and stir for 2 minutes. Scrape batter into greased tube pan. Even out the batter with a rubber spatula. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes or until done. Turn bread out onto rack to cool.
- Serve warm or cool with coffee.