Whether you're looking to make something special for family breakfast or you want to make a special dessert to serve with coffee or tea, these cinnamon pecan rolls will cure any sweet tooth you can throw at them.
Yield: 2 dozen rolls
Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours
- 1 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
- 2-1/4 tsp or 1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 med. eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 11 Tbsp soft butter, divided
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, about
- 1-1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In large bowl, mix water and yeast. Add milk, eggs, 5 Tbsp granulated sugar, salt, and 5 Tbsp butter. Stir. Add in enough flour to make a dough that follows the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 8 minutes, adding more flour as needed until the dough is firm and smooth to the touch. Place dough in medium greased bowl. Turn dough over in bowl so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the filling. In a small bowl, mix together 4 Tbsp granulated sugar, 4 Tbsp butter, and cinnamon.
Punch down dough and turn out onto lightly floured table. Knead dough for 5 minutes or until all the bubbles are out and the dough feels smooth. Divide dough in half. Set one half aside. Roll one dough half into large rectangle, about 11" x 16", and spread with half of the cinnamon filling. Roll up dough like a jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends. Repeat steps with the other half of dough.
- Grease two 12-cup muffin tins. In small bowl, cut 2 Tbsp butter into 3/4 cup brown sugar. Place 1/2 Tbsp of brown sugar mix into each muffin cup and add a few pecans. Cut off 1-inch from each end of the dough logs. Discard the end bits of dough. Slice rolled dough into 24 rolls. Place rolls into prepared muffin tins, cut side up. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 30 minutes.
- Bake cinnamon pecan rolls at 375 degrees F for 30 minutes or until lightly brown. Turn rolls out onto rack. Serve warm.