It’s a bread that looks like a cake! Cherry pecan coffee bread is the ultimate sweet bread. Made with butter and evaporated milk, the bread is rich and flavorful. The icing, candied cherries, and pecans on top make the bread look decadent. This recipe for cherry pecan coffee bread makes 1 loaf of bread baked in a 10-inch tube pan.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 2 eggs
- 2-1/4 tsp (1 pkg.) active dry yeast
- 1 cup candied cherries, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar, for icing
- 1 tsp vanilla extract, for icing
- evaporated milk, for icing
- In large bowl, add warm water, sugar, butter, and salt. Stir until blended. Add evaporated milk, eggs, and yeast. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Add candied cherries and pecans. Mix in sifted flour, 1 cup at a time. Cover bowl and let rise for 1 hour.
- Grease 10-inch tube pan. Uncover bread batter and stir for 2 minutes. Scrape batter into greased tube pan. Even out the batter with a rubber spatula. Cover and let rise for 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 50 minutes or until done. Turn bread out onto rack to cool.
- In small bowl, mix together powdered sugar, vanilla, and enough water to make an icing. Spread icing over bread. Decorate with candied cherries and pecans.
- Serve with coffee.