An incredibly sweet dessert, cinnamon bread topped with icing will satisfy everyone’s sweet tooth. This recipe is for one easy to bake yeast loaf.
Prep Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- In medium bowl, stir together milk, water, and butter. Add sugar, yeast, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until dissolved. Add raisins, if desired.
- Mix in bread flour, a half cup at a time.
- Turn dough out onto floured board and knead for about 5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Grease medium bowl. Put dough in bowl and turn so that the dough is greased on the top. Cover and let rise in warm place for about 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Punch down dough. Turn out onto floured board and knead for about 3 minutes. Shape dough into loaf.
- Grease loaf pan. Put loaf in pan, cover with clean cloth and allow to rise for about 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove loaf from pan and let cool to warm on rack or clean cloth.
- 3/4 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1/3 tsp vanilla extract