Unlike gooey sticky buns, these cinnamon rolls are great for eating with your fingers and not creating a sticky mess everywhere. Being simple to make and quick to bake, these rolls are a quick treat that will make you and the whole family happy.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour, approx.
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- In large bowl, add yeast, sugar, salt, water, and milk. Stir until yeast and sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in melted butter and egg.
- Mix in flour a quarter cup at a time until dough is soft.
- Turn dough out on board and knead for 5 minutes, adding more flour by the tablespoonful when needed.
- Place dough in a greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and let sit in warm place for 15 minutes.
- While the dough is set aside, mix the cinnamon filling (brown sugar, cinnamon, and butter) in a medium bowl.
- Roll dough into large rectangle and spread with cinnamon filling.
- Sprinkle with raisins, if desired.
- Roll up dough like a jelly roll. Pinch seam and ends.
- Cut off 2 inches from each end of the roll. Discard the two bits of dough.
- Cut roll into 12 buns.
- Put rolls into greased pan. Cover and let rise for about 20 minutes.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until lightly brown.
- Remove from oven, turn out, and serve.