Looking for a delicious treat to go with afternoon tea? Do you love the taste of honey? Honey cranberry tea buns are perfect for tea time, snack time, and anytime. These sweet rolls are made with plump dried cranberries and are topped with a sweet, honey glaze.
Yield: 12 buns
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- 2-1/4 tsp or 1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups milk, room temperature
- 4 cups bread flour, about
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Honey for glazing
- In large bowl, mix together yeast, sugar, salt, butter, and milk. Mix in the first 3 cups of flour. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead, adding flour a tablespoon at a time as needed until dough is soft, not sticky. Place dough in greased bowl. Turn dough over so that the top is also greased. Cover bowl with clean dishtowel or plastic wrap and let rise in warm place for 60 minutes or until double in size.
- Punch down dough and knead on lightly floured board for about 5 minutes. Knead in dried cranberries. Divide dough into 12 pieces. Shape into small buns. Grease large baking or cookie sheet. Place rolls on sheet, cover, and let rise for about 45 minutes or until round and plump.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Remove from oven and brush honey on tops while still hot. Move to wire rack and let cool. Serve with butter and a hot pot of tea.