A perfect gift bread for the Yule season, this festive banana nut bread is filled with colorful candied fruits, raisins, and nuts to give it a unique, delicious flavor. Makes one loaf.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups mixed candied fruit
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup mashed banana
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- In large bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, salt, nuts, fruit, and raisins. Set bowl aside.
- In separate large bowl, cream together banana, shortening, and sugar. Stir in eggs and orange juice.
- Slowly mix dry ingredients into banana mix.
- Scrape batter into greased 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let bread cool for about 20 minutes before turning out on rack.