Whether you are looking for something special to make for a tea and coffee get-together or you want to make a special dessert that adults will appreciate, ginger pecan rolls are a delicious treat. These rolls are different from traditional cinnamon rolls because they carry a strong pecan flavor that tames the sweeter ingredients in the recipe. This recipe for ginger pecan rolls makes 6 rolls.
Prep Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2-1/4 tsp active dry yeast (1 package)
- 2 tbsp butter, soft
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp butter, soft
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tbsp crystallized ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp grated orange peel
- 2/3 cup confectioner’s sugar
- In large bowl, mix 2 cups flour, salt, yeast, butter, milk, and egg.
- Mix in remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Put dough in greased bowl. Turn dough over so that the dough top is lightly greased. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
- While the dough is rising, prepare the filling. Mix together butter, brown sugar, pecans, ginger, and orange peel in a small bowl.
- Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and briefly knead about 10 times.
- Roll dough out into 9 by 12 inch rectangle.
- Spread filling over the rectangle, leaving a 1-inch border.
- Roll dough up like you would a jelly roll.
- Cut into 6 slices. Set,cut side up on greased baking sheet. Leave a 1/4 inch space between rolls.
- Cover rolls and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 325 degrees F.
- Bake rolls for 25 minutes or until done.
- Let rolls cool to warm on rack.
- Mix confectioner’s sugar with enough warm water to make an icing. Drizzle icing on warm rolls.
- Serve warm or cool.