Orange tube pan bread is an easy to make batter bread recipe. It is baked in a tube pan and then glazed to make the perfect dessert to serve at family gatherings.
Yield: 9-inch round loaf
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 45 minutes
- 1 med. orange, juice and rind
- 1 cup milk, room temp.
- 3/4 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
- 4-1/2 tsp or 2 pkg. (1/2 oz) active dry yeast
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp soft butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups bread flour
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- In large bowl, add the juice and rind from 1 orange, milk, warm water, and yeast. Stir until the yeast is dissolved. Mix in brown sugar, butter, salt, and the flour. Stir well. Cover bowl with clean kitchen cloth and let set to rise in a warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes.
- Stir down batter. Scrape batter into greased, 9-inch tube pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for another 45 minutes or until doubled in size. Bake bread at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until the bread is golden. Remove bread from tube pan and let cool to warm on a rack.
- While the bread is still warm, mix the confectioner’s sugar with enough water to make a thin icing. Glaze bread and let stand until cool or serve while it is still warm.