Adults appreciate sweet breads much more than children. Rum raisin pumpkin bread is tailored for adults. The recipe calls for raisins soaked in rum for an hour to give the loaves a unique, not too sweet, flavor. The icing can also be made with rum or, for a milder flavor, milk. Recipe for rum raisin pumpkin bread makes two mini loaves.
Prep Time: 1 hour, 8 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 53 minutes
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp rum
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin, canned or cooked
- 5 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Rum or milk
- In small bowl, soak raisins in rum for 1 hour before beginning the rest of the recipe.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Grease two mini loaf pans.
- In large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- In separate, medium bowl, mix wet ingredients: milk, pumpkin, butter, and egg.
- Stir raisins and rum into wet mix.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Stir just until flour is wet.
- Scrape batter into 2 mini loaf pans.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 45 minutes or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Remove breads from pans and let cool.
- In small bowl, mix powdered sugar with enough rum or milk to make a glaze.
- Drizzle glaze onto cooled breads.
- Let glaze stiffen before wrapping bread.