This easy 12-inch pizza dough is great to mix up for last minute lunch or dinner plans. The dough can be rolled out onto a greased, 12-inch pizza pan or it can be pressed into a greased, 9- or 10-inch skillet to make a thick, pan pizza.
Yield: dough for 12-inch pizza crust
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2-1/2 tsp or 1 pkg (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (95 to 110 degrees F)
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, about
- In medium bowl, stir yeast in warm water until yeast is dissolved. Stir in sugar, salt, and oil. Mix in enough flour to make a dough that can be kneaded. Turn dough out onto board and quickly knead for 3 minutes, adding more flour if dough is too sticky to knead. Place dough in greased bowl and flip dough over in bowl so that dough top is also lightly greased. Cover and let rise into warm, draft-free place until doubled into size, or about 30 minutes.
- Press dough onto greased 12-inch pizza pan or into a well-oiled skillet pan, pressing dough up on edges to form crust. Put on sauce and desired toppings. Bake pizza at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until pizza edges are lightly golden.