Here is a great recipe for making your own personal pizzas. I like to break the dough down into 3 parts to make 3 personal pizzas, but the dough can also be broken down into 4 parts for smaller pizzas. Each small pizza can be cut into 4 pieces, making this a great recipe for sleepover nights where the kids can ad their own toppings to the pizzas.
Yield: three 9-inch round pizzas
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour, about
- In medium bowl, stir in yeast, water, sugar, salt, and oil. Mix in enough flour to make a dough that can be kneaded. Turn dough out onto board and quickly knead for 3 minutes, adding more flour if dough is too sticky to knead. Place dough in greased bowl and flip dough over in bowl so that dough top is also lightly greased. Cover and let rise into warm, draft-free place until doubled into size, or about 30 minutes.
- Divide dough into 3 equal parts. To make a personal pizza, grease pizza pan or baking sheet. Press one dough part into a 9-inch circle on greased pan. Put on sauce and desired toppings. Bake pizza at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until pizza edges are lightly golden. You can bake all 3 personal pizzas or place the other 2 dough parts in a plastic food storage bag and refrigerate or freeze for later use.