Many of my readers have requested different beer bread recipes, and several told me that they would love to add beer to their pizza dough. It took me awhile, but here is an easy beer pizza dough that is tried and tested.
Yield: dough for 14-inch pizza pan
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1/4 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
- 1 Tbsp or 2 pkg. (1/2 oz.) active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup beer, room temperature
- 1/2 cup olive or canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, about
- In medium bowl, stir yeast in warm water until yeast is dissolved. Stir in beer, oil, and salt. Mix in enough flour to make a dough that can be kneaded. Turn dough out onto board and quickly knead for 3 minutes, adding more flour if dough is too sticky to knead. Place dough in greased bowl and flip dough over in bowl so that dough top is also lightly greased. Cover and let rise into warm, draft-free place until doubled into size, or about 60 minutes.
- Press dough onto oiled 14-inch pizza pan, pressing dough up on edges to form crust. Put on sauce and desired toppings. Bake pizza at 425 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until pizza edges are lightly golden.