Everyone loves pizza night, so when I had a group of 5 kids sleeping over at my house, we decided to make 2 pizzas: one with extra cheese and the other loaded with pepperoni. It was a fantastic pizza night.
Yield: two 12-inch pizzas
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 5 minutes
- 2-1/2 tsp or 1 pkg (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water (95 to 110 degrees F)
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, about
- In large bowl, stir yeast in warm water until yeast is dissolved. Stir in sugar, salt, and oil. Mix in enough flour to make a dough that can be kneaded. Turn dough out onto board and quickly knead for 3 minutes, adding more flour if dough is too sticky to knead. Place dough in greased bowl and flip dough over in bowl so that dough top is also lightly greased. Cover and let rise into warm, draft-free place until doubled into size, or about 30 minutes.
- Grease two 12-inch pizza pans. Divide dough in half. Press each dough half onto a greased 12-inch pizza pan, pressing dough up on edges to form crust. Put on sauce and desired toppings. Bake pizzas at 400 degrees F for about 20 minutes, or until pizza edges are lightly golden.