Who doesn’t love pancakes in the morning before going off to work or school? These delicious vanilla pancakes are thick and make great belly-warmers for when the weather gets cold.
Yield: 18 pancakes, about
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 23 minutes
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups milk, cold or room temperature
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- In medium bowl, add eggs, milk, flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, and vanilla. Mix by hand or electric mixer.
- Drop batter by the 1/4 cup onto hot, greased skillet or griddle. Cook until bubbles form on top side, then flip pancake over and brown the other side. Serve warm with butter and maple syrup.
- These pancakes can be frozen for a quick, morning breakfast. Just allow the pancakes to cool completely and place them, separated with wax paper, in a freezer bag. Freeze for up to 6 weeks.