Chives are very easy to grow and, once established in your garden, you’ll find yourself searching for ways to keep up with the growth. Garlic chive butter is just one of many chive butters you can make with freshly cut chives. The butter is great for making toasted garlic bread, and can be used to fry hash browns as well as to top off a big mountain of mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- Cream ingredients together in the bowl or container you will be storing the butter in.
- Cover the herb butter and store in refrigerator for 3 hours before use.
- Will keep for several days.