Using mint in butters, breads, and jellies was more popular in our grandparents’ time than in our, but the taste is just as distinct and delicious now as it was then. This mint butter recipe uses freshly picked mint from the garden and a bit of lemon juice to give it an extra tang. Tastes great on fish, toast, and on mashed potatoes.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Cream ingredients together in the bowl or container you will be storing the butter in.
- Cover the herb butter and store in refrigerator for 3 hours before use.
- Will keep for several days.