You don’t have to wait until the pumpkins are in to bake a delicious pumpkin bread! This recipe uses two cups of canned pumpkin to bring you an early taste of autumn harvest. The added chocolate chips make this everyone’s favorite quick bread - an awesome Halloween treat! Recipe makes two loaves of chocolate chip pumpkin bread.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 8 minutes
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 tsp baking soda
- Grease two bread pans.
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- In large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Mix in sugar, vegetable oil, water, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Add the pumpkin, flour, and chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Last, mix in the baking soda.
- Scrape batter into two greased bread pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 60 minutes. Insert knife into bread to test for doneness.
- Remove from oven and let cool in pans for about 10 minutes.
- Turn loaves out on rack and let cool.
- When completely cool, bread can be wrapped in foil, bagged, and frozen for later.