Muffins make a great breakfast and snack. These muffins use pumpkin and dried currants to bring you a tasty, nutritional treat. Recipe makes a dozen currant pumpkin muffins.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- Grease 12-cup medium muffin tin.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- In medium bowl, mix together wet ingredients: milk, pumpkin, butter, and egg.
- In separate, large bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and currants.
- Scrape wet ingredients into dry and mix until flour is just wet.
- Fill each muffin cup two-thirds full.
- Bake muffins at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes or until done.
- Remove muffins from tin and serve warm or cool.