Do you ever wake up in the morning craving something a little different than toast? English muffin bread is a lot doughier than regular bread. Also, the baking soda gives English muffin bread larger air bubbles. Altogether, this bread is perfect for toasting and buttering up. Recipe is for one loaf.
Prep Time: 1 hour
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 25 minutes
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup warm milk
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix all ingredients, except the cornmeal, in the order they are given to form a very sticky dough.
- Grease 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan. Sprinkle with cornmeal to prevent the loaf from sticking to the pan.
- Spoon dough into prepared loaf pan. Cover and let rise in warm place for 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the loaf sounds hollow when you tap on the bread top.
- Turn out loaf and allow to cool.