A great summertime quick bread, lemon blueberry bread has a sweet, tart taste because it uses fresh blueberries and the rind and juice from one medium lemon. Makes one loaf.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 20 minutes
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 medium lemon
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
- Grease 8 x 4 x 2 inch loaf pan.
- In medium bowl, mix together melted butter, sugar, eggs, and milk.
- Grate lemon rind from one medium lemon. Add to mix.
- Squeeze juice from same lemon and add to mix.
- In separate bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir flour mixture into wet mix.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Scrape batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 60 minutes or until bread is baked through.
- When done, remove from heat and let bread cool in pan for about 15 minutes. Turn out onto rack to cool.
- Serve with butter.