Get the great taste of summer from each bite! Lemon blueberry muffins are made with fresh, plump blueberries and tangy, sour lemon peel. The muffins are great for breakfast, lunch, and picnics, and they are easy enough for kids and beginners to make. Just mix, bake, and eat!
Yield: 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon peel (half small lemon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup soft butter or margarine
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Grease muffin tin. Preheat oven 400 degrees F. In medium bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, grated lemon peel, and salt. Mix in soft butter. In separate, smaller bowl, lightly beat egg. Pour milk into egg bowl and stir. Stir wet mix into dry mix until flour mixture is just wet. Fold in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin cups, filling each cup 2/3 full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes or until muffins are golden brown and feel spongy. Remove muffins from tin with spoon and let cool. Serve warm or cold with butter.