If you're looking for a quick bread to make for your Italian dinner, olive quick bread is just the thing. The moist, biscuit-like bread is loaded with chopped, pimento stuffed olives that give this bread its unique flavor. Recipe for olive quick bread makes one loaf of bread.
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour, 8 minutes
- 2-1/4 cups sifted flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup chopped pimento stuffed olives
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F.
- Grease 9-inch by 5-inch bread loaf pan.
- In large bowl, mix flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Stir in chopped olives.
- In separate bowl, beat together milk, egg, and butter.
- Add wet ingredients to dry and stir until flour is just moistened.
- Scrape batter into loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes or until done.
- Remove from heat and let bread sit on pan for about 10 minutes. Turn out and let cool on rack until dinner is ready.