In the mad rush of the holidays, it’s always great to keep a few things easy and simple. This simple nut bread is great for serving at Thanksgiving and Christmas gatherings. It also makes a lovely gift bread for friends and family.
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 8 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 3 minutes
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 cups milk, room temperature
- 1 med. egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped nuts, such as walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven 375 degrees F. Grease 9 X 5-inch bread pan.
- In large bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Mix well. In small bowl, mix together milk and egg. Add liquids to dry ingredients and mix until flour is wet. Mix in chopped nuts.
- Scrape batter into loaf pan. Bake at 375 degrees F for 55 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Remove loaf from pan and let cool on rack.