The Bottom Line
- The mix can be used to make different types breads.
- Convenient and easy to use.
- There's no wheat and no gluten.
- Does not taste like the traditional yeast bread you may be used to.
- Package only contains 16 ounces of the mix, enough to make only two items.
- Product is sold in a 16 ounce box containing two 8 ounce bags of mix.
- Made in the U.S.A.
- Recipes on the box also give high altitude directions.
- Wheat free and gluten free.
Guide Review - Fearn Brown Rice Baking Mix
The flavor of the breads it makes is unusual and tastes almost like a light graham cracker. This is great if you are looking for a lightly sweet breakfast bread and the flavor is perfect for pancakes and waffles. However, the bread doesn't make a good dinner bread.
To make the brown rice bread, you will use 2 cups of the mix, eggs, oil, honey, and milk. There's no kneading because this is a quick bread and the mix contains cereal free baking powder and baking soda. The bread batter is poured into a greased bread pan and baked for one hour.
The ingredients in the mix are brown rice flour, natural soya powder, cereal free baking powder (non-aluminum type), cereal free baking soda (non-aluminum type), salt, and guar gum. Fearn Brown Rice Baking Mix is made in the U.S.A.