The Bottom Line
- Makes a nice gift for new homemakers.
- The instructions are easy to follow.
- Kit makes two loaves of pumpkin bread.
- The flavor is bland.
- Homemade pumpkin bread has more character and is just as easy to make.
- The baking time is the same as for freshly baked pumpkin bread.
- Kit makes 2 loaves of pumpkin bread.
- Comes with a can of pumpkin and a flour mix.
- You supply the eggs, oil, and water.
- The mix can also be made into mini loaves, a bundt cake, and muffins.
Guide Review - Libby's Pumpkin Bread Kit
The mix is also versatile. You can bake the mix in 6 mini loaf pans, muffin tins, or a bundt cake pan. Raisins, apple, nuts, or cranberries can also be added to the mix to give the bread extra flavor.
The flavor of the bread is bland. It doesn't have the strong, pumpkin flavor of homemade breads and it tastes more like store bought bread than something fresh from the oven. However, if you are pressed for time and don't want to fuss with measuring ingredients, the pumpkin bread is still good enough for eating, especially if you add extras to the bread, such as raisins, or make a cream cheese frosting to top it off.