These delicious dinner rolls are very easy to make - perfect for beginners. The dough is sweetened with honey, giving the rolls a yummy flavor that goes well with most dinners. Leftover rolls are great for ham and cheese sandwiches the next day.
Yield: 10 rolls
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3/4 cup warm water (95 to 110 degrees F)
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp soft butter or margarine
- 1 med. egg
- 2-1/2 cups bread flour, about
- In medium bowl, add yeast and water. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Stir in honey, salt, butter, and egg. Add 2 cups flour. Mix well. Continue to add enough flour until dough chases the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto floured table. Knead dough for 8 minutes, adding more flour as needed, until a smooth, elastic dough is formed. Place dough in greased medium bowl and flip dough over so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let rise for 1 hour in a warm, draft-free place.
- Punch down dough. Turn dough out and knead for 5 minutes. Divide dough into 10 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Place rolls in greased 9-inch round pan. Cover with clean kitchen towel and let rise for 45 minutes or until doubled in a warm, draft-free place.
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until buns are golden brown. Turn out. Let cool on rack.