Salted beer knots are a great snack to make for afternoon and evening sport events, and they are perfect for small parties.
Yield: 10 knots
Prep Time: 1 hour, 45 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 10 minutes
- 1 can (12 fl oz) beer, room temperature
- 2-1/4 tsp or 1 pkg. (1/4 oz) active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3-1/2 cups bread flour, about
- 3 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp coarse salt
- In large bowl, stir together beer, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix in enough flour to make a soft dough that can be kneaded. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 5 minutes. Place dough in a greased bowl, flipping dough over so that the dough top is also lightly greased. Cover with a clean cloth and let set in a warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes.
- Punch down dough and turn out onto lightly floured surface. Knead briefly, about 3 minutes. Divide dough into 10 equal parts. Roll each part into a 7-inch rope. Bend each rope in the center and gently knot. Place knots on greased baking sheets. Cover with clean cloth and let rise for 30 minutes in warm, draft-free place.
- Uncover knots. Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with coarse salt. Bake at 375 degrees F for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush with more melted butter. Serve warm or cool.