Looking for delicious and easy rolls to make for dinner tonight? These butter pan rolls are perfect for family dinner night, as well as for company. The rolls taste great served with butter and they can be sliced in half and used as sandwich rolls.
Yield: 1 dozen
Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 50 minutes
- 1/4 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
- 2-1/4 tsp or 1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp soft butter or margarine
- 3 cups bread flour, about
- 2 Tbsp melted butter
- In large bowl, mix warm water and yeast. Add milk, egg, sugar, salt, and butter. Stir. Add in enough bread flour to make a dough that follows the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, adding more bread flour as needed until the dough is firm and smooth to the touch. Place dough in medium greased bowl. Turn dough over in bowl so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes or until the bubbles are out of the bread. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces and shape into round rolls. Place rolls in greased 9x12-inch cake pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 40 minutes or until doubled in size. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake bread at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes or until rolls sound hollow when the tops are tapped. Remove rolls from pan and serve hot.