In cold weather, nothing warms a person up faster than a hot bowl of soup with dumplings. This dumpling recipe is delicious and easy to make. The dumplings can be made with any chicken or beef broth soup, homemade or canned.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp shortening
- 3/4 cup milk
- Bring soup or broth to boil in large soup pot before mixing the dumplings.
- In medium bowl, mix together the dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening and mix until flour is crumbly.
- Pour in milk and mix.
- Drop batter by spoonfuls onto the top of the boiling soup.
- Cook dumplings on soup without lid for 10 minutes.
- Cover pot with lid and cook for about another 10 minutes, or until dumplings are fluffy and done.
- Remove from heat and serve.