A delicious and healthy white bread, ginger oat bread has a soft ginger flavor and is the perfect bread for breakfast toast. Ginger oat bread tastes great when buttered with whipped honey butter.
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 3/4 cup warm water (100 degrees F)
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1-1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour, approx.
- In medium bowl, stir together milk, water, and vegetable oil. Add salt, sugar, ginger, and yeast. Stir until dissolved. Mix in enough bread flour to form a thick dough that can be kneaded. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead until dough is soft, adding more flour if necessary.
- Grease medium-size bowl. Put dough into bowl and turn dough over so that the top of dough is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let dough rise in warm place for about 45 minutes or until double in size.
- Turn dough out onto board and knead out air bubbles for about 3 minutes. Shape into bread loaf. Grease bread pan. Sprinkle cornmeal on bread pan, if desired. Place loaf in bread pan. Cover and let rise for about 30 minutes or until double in size. Bake bread at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool. Cooled bread can be frozen in a sealed freezer bag for up to 3 months.