This recipe makes a delicious bread that tastes great and looks beautiful. The herb and garlic flavor is perfect for picnics, pasta dinners, and special occasions. Leftover slices also taste great when made into grilled cheese sandwiches.
Yield: 1 small loaf
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 35 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 35 minutes
- 3/4 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 1-1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 packet Recipe Secrets Savory Herb with Garlic
- 1-1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- In medium bowl, mix together water, oil, sugar, soup mix, and yeast. Mix in flour, a half cup at a time. Turn dough out onto floured board and knead for about 5 minutes. If the dough is too sticky, add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
- Grease medium bowl. Put dough in bowl and turn so that the dough is greased on the top. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for about 45 minutes or until double in size. Punch down dough. Turn out onto floured board and knead for about 3 minutes. Shape dough into round loaf. Grease baking sheet. Put round loaf on sheet, cover with clean cloth, and allow to rise for about 30 minutes in warm, draft-free place or until double in size.
- Before putting loaf in oven, score top with an x and brush on melted butter. Bake at 350 degrees F for 35 minutes or until golden brown. Remove loaf from pan and let cool on rack.