Bread made with honey has a fantastic flavor that can't be beat with any other natural sugar. This easy honey white bread recipe is great for bread baking beginners and it's a great bread to serve at any meal, any time of the day.
Yield: 2 loaves
Prep Time: 2 hours, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 3 hours, 10 minutes
- 1-1/4 cup warm water, 95 to 110 degrees F
- 2-1/4 tsp or 1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
- 1 cup milk, room temperature
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp soft butter
- 6 cups bread flour, about
- In large bowl, mix warm water and yeast. Add milk, honey, salt, and butter. Stir. Add 4 cups of flour and mix well. Add in enough remaining flour to make a dough that follows the spoon around the bowl. Turn dough out onto lightly floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, adding more flour as needed until the dough is firm and smooth to the touch. Place dough in medium greased bowl. Turn dough over in bowl so that the top is also lightly greased. Cover with clean cloth and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 1 hour.
- Punch down dough. Turn dough out onto lightly floured board and knead for 5 minutes or until the bubbles are out of the bread. Divide dough into 2 equal parts. Shape each dough half into a loaf. Place each loaf in greased, 9 X 5-inch bread pan. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 45 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake bread at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes or until bread top is golden brown and the bread sounds hollow when the top is tapped. Remove breads from pans and let cool on rack.