Mini yeast breads are great breads for a lot of occasions and situations. These mini loaves are perfect for kids because of the small size. The white bread mini loaf can be sliced and made into mini sandwiches for picnics. The little loaf is also simple to make and is a great recipe to teach a group of beginners. Because of its size, it’s also just right for baking in a solar oven. This recipe makes 1 mini loaf of white bread.
Prep Time: 2 hours
Cook Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp active dry yeast
- 3/4 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup bread flour, about
- In medium bowl, mix together the water, milk, oil, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly mix in flour until a firm dough is formed.
- Knead dough on lightly floured board for 3 minutes, adding small sprinkles of flour only as needed.
- Place dough in greased bowl. Flip dough over inside bowl so that the dough top is also lightly greased. Cover and let rise in warm place for 45 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto floured board and knead out air.
- Shape into mini loaf and place in greased mini loaf tin.
- Cover and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown. Baking time will be longer if baked in solar oven.
- Remove loaf from pan and let cool on wire rack. Slice bread after it has cooled.