White batter bread is an easy to make, yeast bread that requires no kneading. The bread dough is wet and, instead of kneading, the dough is stirred down after the first rise and then scraped into a loaf pan.
Yield: 1 loaf
Prep Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours, 15 minutes
- 2 tsp active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup milk, room temperature
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 2-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- In medium bowl, add yeast, milk, and water. Stir until yeast is dissolved. Add oil, sugar, salt, and 2 cups of flour. Mix well. Mix in remaining flour.
- Cover bowl with clean kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let rise in warm, draft-free place for 30 minutes. Stir down batter. Scrape batter into a greased bread pan, 9x5x3 inches. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place for another 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped on. Remove loaf from pan and let cool.